Representative Assembly and Outreach to Teach
Fond du Lac, April 13-15, 2007
Fond du Lac will host this year’s Outreach to Teach state-wide community outreach event. Fond du Lac’s power point presentation is available on the Community Outreach page.
Want to volunteer for Outreach? Volunteer positions are limited. You can register by downloading a form and sending it in. Online registration is now available. Delegates to the Student WEA Representative Assembly (RA) have first priority to be Outreach volunteers.
What is the RA? The Representative Assembly is the governance body that determines the policy and direction of the organization. State officers are elected and constitutional changes are proposed at the RA.
Why should I want to attend the RA? The health and well-being of our organization is dependent on a delegation of informed, active, and serious-minded individuals willing to take a weekend to ensure that sound democratically determined decisions are made that will ensure the continued growth of our organization. This means that we need a full slate of qualified and dedicated leaders to run for state officer positions, and a delegation body that will cast informed votes for the best candidates, as well as make informed changes to our constitution, if needed.
How can I become a delegate? Elected delegates are Student WEA members that are locally elected, not appointed, at a local chapter meeting. The number of delegates that a chapter sends to the RA is determined by its membership numbers 45 days prior to the date of the RA. For each 15 members, 1 delegate is elected to represent his/her chapter. These elections will take place at your chapter in February or March, check with your local President for more information.
Interested in running for a position on the 2007-08 Student WEA State Executive Team? Fill out and send in this form.
Starting April 16, you could have up to 16 months of liability benefits for the price of one year!
The Student Program
Welcome to the NEA/Student WEA Student
Program Spring Membership Drive!
- Who’s eligible? First-Time Members ONLY: For anyone in a higher education institution preparing for a career in education who has never been an NEA-SP member.
- When can you join? Join online between April 16 and August 31st.
- When will your membership end? August 31, 2008!
- How do you sign up? VERY carefully: There will be two buttons to select once you get to the online page. Select the button that says, “enroll for next membership year (2007-08)”. Note: If you select the current 2006-07 membership year, you will only be a member until September 1, 2007!!! There are no electronic refunds if you select the wrong button….so pay attention!!!!
- What are the benefits? You will already be enrolled for the 2007-08 membership year, but between now and September 1st, you will have access to liability insurance benefits, select NEA Member Benefits discount programs, and WEAC Summer Academy. It’s also one less thing to worry about when you get back to school!
- To join Student WEA, click on the link below.
- If you experience problems enrolling please email firstname.lastname@example.org.